This policy applies to the following website:
5975 Ch. de la Savane, St-Hubert, Qc J3Y 0X1
Date of the last update: May 31, 2022
M.A.C. Métal Architectural, which is responsible for this website, places the highest importance on your privacy.
The purpose of this confidentiality policy is to present:
- How your personal information is collected and processed. All the information that may identify you should be considered as personal information. This includes your first name and last name, your age, your mailing address, your email address, your location or your IP address. ‘Personal information’ is synonymous with ‘personal data’ in the meaning of European Regulation 2016/679
- What your rights are concerning this information
- Who is responsible for processing the personal information collected and processed,
- Who this information is sent to
This confidentiality policy supplements the Terms and Conditions of Use that you can read at the following address:
1. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following personal information:
- Last name
- First name
- Mailing address
- Postal code
- Email address
- Phone/fax number
The personal information that we collect is gathered using the collection methods described below, in the ‘Forms and collection methods’ and following sections.
2. FORMS AND COLLECTION METHODS
Your personal information is collected using the following methods:
- ‘Contact us’ form
- Sample order form
- Form for obtaining technical drawings
- Registration for the newsletter
We use the information collected in this way for the following purposes:
- Sending samples
3. LOG FILE AND COOKIES
We gather certain information using log files and cookies. These files enable us to process statistics and information about traffic, facilitate browsing and improve service for your convenience.
Furthermore, this consent is considered to be valid for a maximum duration of thirteen (13) months. At the end of this period, we request your consent once more to save cookies on your hard drive.
a) Description of the cookies used by the website
This mainly involves the following information:
- IP address
- Pages visited and queries
- Date and time of visit
Using these files enables us to achieve the following objectives:
- Statistical studies
You can object to these cookies being saved by configuring your browsing software.
If you decide to disable cookies, you can still continue browsing on the website. However, any website malfunction caused by this operation cannot be considered to be our fault.
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected by the website is not sent to any third parties and is only processed by us.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION PERIOD
The personal data controller will store all the personal information collected in their website computer systems under reasonable security conditions, and the metadata is stored indefinitely.
6. HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website is hosted by:
Headquarters located at the address below:
1435 Chemin de Saint-Jean suite 102, La Prairie, Quebec
The hosting company can be contacted at the following phone number:
The information that we collect and process is exclusively hosted and processed in Canada.
This transfer of personal information outside the European Union is necessary because the headquarters or main address of the website owner entity is located there.
7. PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
a) The personal data controller
The personal data controller is: Amélie St-Jean. She can only be contacted at:
The personal data controller is responsible for determining the purposes and means used to process the personal information.
b) Obligations of the personal data controller
The personal data controller undertakes to protect the personal information collected, to refrain from passing it on to third parties and to observe the purposes for which this information has been collected.
Furthermore, the personal data controller undertakes to inform you if the personal information is rectified or deleted, unless this entails disproportionate formalities, costs or procedures for them.
Should the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information be compromised, the data controller undertakes to inform you by any means necessary.
8. RIGHT TO OBJECT AND WITHDRAW
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by the website (‘right to object’). You also have the right to request that your personal information no longer appear on a distribution list, for example (‘right to withdraw’).
To object to the processing of your personal information or to request the withdrawal of your personal information, you must follow the procedure below:
The user can make a request to be withdrawn from the list at any time by sending a withdrawal request to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. RIGHT TO ACCESS, RECTIFY AND DELETE
You can learn about, update, edit or request the deletion of information concerning you by following the procedure below:
The user can make a request to view the personal data saved on the website. The data is only collected when the user fills out one of the following forms: sample order form, form to obtain technical drawings or contact us form. The user can make a request by writing to the following address: email@example.com
10. GENERAL PRINCIPLES IN TERMS OF THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION PURSUANT TO EUROPEAN REGULATION 2016/679
In accordance with the provisions of Article 5 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of your personal information follows the principles below:
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency: your personal information can only be collected and processed with your consent. Each time personal information is collected, it will be stated that your personal information is being collected and for which purposes your personal information is being collected
- Limited purposes: personal information is collected and processed to meet one or more objectives determined in this confidentiality policy
- Minimized collection and processing of personal information: only personal information necessary to achieve the objectives pursued by the website is collected
- Reduced retention of personal information over time: the personal information is stored for a limited period of which you are informed
- Integrity and confidentiality of the personal information collected and processed: the personal data controller undertakes to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the personal information collected
To be lawful, and in accordance with the requirements of Article 6 of European Regulation 2016/679, personal information can only be collected and processed if it meets at least one of the conditions listed below:
- You have expressly consented to the processing
- The processing is necessary to execute the contract
- The processing meets a legal obligation
- The processing can be explained by the need to safeguard your vital interests or those of another natural person
- The processing can be explained by a need relating to the performance of a mission in the public interest or that is part of the public authority’s duties
- The processing and collection of personal information are necessary for the legitimate and private interests pursued by the personal data controller or by a third party
11. ADDITIONAL RIGHTS PURSUANT TO EUROPEAN REGULATION 2016/679
In accordance with the European regulation concerning the processing of personal information, you also have the rights listed below.
So that the data controller can comply with your request, you must provide your first name, last name, and email address.
The personal data controller must reply to you within a period of thirty (30) days maximum.
a) Right not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on an automated process
In accordance with the provisions of European regulation 2016/679, you have the right not be the subject of a decision based exclusively on an automated process if the decision produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you in a similar way.
b) Right to refer to the relevant authority
Should the personal data controller decide not to respond to your request, and you want to dispute this decision, or if you think that it has infringed any of your rights listed above, you are entitled to refer the matter to the relevant court.
The personal information that we collect is stored in a secure environment. The people who work for us must observe the confidentiality of your information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following measures:
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol
- Access management – authorized person
- Access management – person concerned
We undertake to maintain a high degree of confidentiality by incorporating the latest technological innovations enabling us to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. However, as no mechanism offers maximum security, there is always a degree of risk when you use the Internet to send personal information.
13. PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS PURSUANT TO REGULATION 2016/679
In accordance with the provisions of Article 8 of regulation 2016/679, only minors aged 15 years or above can consent to the processing of their personal information.
If you are a minor aged under 15 years, the approval of a legal representative will be required for the personal information to be collected and processed.
We reserve the right to check by any means necessary that you are aged over 15 years, or that you have obtained the approval of a legal representative before browsing the website.
14. CONDITIONS OF EDITING THE CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
This confidentiality policy may be read at any time at the address shown:
We reserve the right to edit it in order to guarantee its compliance with applicable law.
Consequently, you are invited to regularly read this confidentiality policy to stay informed of the latest changes that have been made.
15. ACCEPTANCE OF THE CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
We undertake to observe the legislative provisions stipulated in:
Law on the protection of personal information in the private sector, RLRQ c P-39.1; and/or
Law on the protection of personal information and electronic documents, LC 2000, c 5; and
General data protection regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of this data, repealing directive 95/46EC (general data protection regulation) 2016/279.